Ads 468x60px

Labels

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Garden of Love

Garden of Love Cupcakes 

For these cupcakes prepare any flavor cupcake according to the package instructions. Allow cupcakes to cool completely

Buttercream Icing
2 sticks butter, softened
6-8 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and milk, alternating. Add in salt and vanilla. If the icing is too thin, add some powdered sugar. If it's too thick, add a touch of milk.

 I iced them with my  homemade buttercream with a butter knife. Using a piping bag and a small round tip, pipe on the stems. Change to a leaf tip and pipe on a few leaves. The "flowers" are Wilton's large heart sprinkles. You want to work fairly quickly because the sprinkles won't stick as well when the icing dries.

I made these cute little cupcakes for my daughters school and the kids loved them. So did I! 



No comments:

Post a Comment