Ads 468x60px

Labels

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday Nutter Butter

My husband loves Nutter Butters and when I saw these cute little guys, I knew I had to make them! I also love that my daughter could help with these. It's never to early to get kids in the kitchen!

For Santa dip the bottom half in white candy coating. While holding the center, dip the top in the candy coating and then roll it in red sugar.
After the coating has dried, you can ether use a mini marshmallow or a white chocolate chip for the puff on Santa's hat. Attach with the melted candy coating. The eyes are made of mini chocolate chips and the nose is a red chocolate covered sunflower seed. You can also use a red sprinkle or a mini M&M. These are also attached with the candy coating.


Rudolph was a little more tricky. He was dipped in chocolate candy coating. For the eyes I drizzled a little vanilla candy coating and then inserted a mini chocolate chip for the pupils. You could also use a white M&M and dot the pupils with chocolate candy coating. The antlers are thin pretzels snapped in half and inserted on the top of Rudolph's head.The nose is a red M&M.

Frosty was dipped in white candy coating. His eyes are mini chocolate chips. His nose is an orange chocolate covered sunflower seed and his buttons are M&M's. These could really be made from any small candy. After he dried, I re-melted some chocolate coating. I dipped a toothpick in the chocolate coating and very carefully placed the dots for his mouth.



These were such fun to make! Be careful though. Chocolate can burn. If you want to let a child help, I would suggest that the adult do the dipping and when the chocolate cools some the kids can decorate. Mackenzie had such a good time giving each of these creations personality! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment