Ads 468x60px

Labels

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Proof is in the Pudding!

This is by far my favorite cookie. Maybe it's because I've been making them with my mama since before I can remember. But I also like to make them because they are delicious. The secret to this soft chocolate chip cookie? Pudding. That's right. Pudding.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 ¼ cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 sticks butter
¼ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3.4 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 eggs
12 oz chocolate chips

Beat sugars and butter. Add eggs. Add sifted dry ingredients. Add vanilla. Stir in chips. Chill for about 10 minutes. Scoop dough into a rounded teaspoon and roll into a ball. Place on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.

If you want to bake this into a big cookie, pat the dough into a greased, round cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.



I prefer to use regular chocolate chips, but you can also use white chips, mini, etc.  I have even turned theses into a mint cookie by substituting Ande's Mint Chips and using peppermint flavoring instead of vanilla. I added a little green food coloring and they were perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
 
For Christmas I used white chocolate chips and then gently pressed in some red and green M&M'S before baking. It makes them look so festive!

1 comment:

  1. Those look very tasty. Thanks for all of your great recipes Felicia Prevatt

    ReplyDelete