Ads 468x60px

Labels

Friday, December 21, 2012

It's not Christmas Until....

For me, It just can't be Christmas until I've dipped something in chocolate. When I was a little girl it was peanut butter balls. Now that I'm older, well... there's really no telling. Today I kept it pretty basic because my tiny sidekick was helping.

I did some chocolate covered ritz crackers that had been filled with peanut butter and some chocolate covered pretzels.

Of course, I couldn't do something just plain. I had to spritz it up a little bit.

For the reindeer and the snowman, begin by filing ritz crackers with peanut butter. Press the two crackers together and then take a butter knife and scrape of the peanut butter that oozed out.

For the Reindeer:
Dip the cracker sandwich in chocolate candy coating using a fork. Make sure the cracker is submerged in chocolate. Lift out and gently tap off the excess chocolate. Snap a pretzel in half and insert in the top for antlers. I used a toothpick and drizzled some white candy coating for the eyes. Using some sprinkles, I dotted the eyes. Of course the nose is a red M&M.


For the Snowman:
Dip the cracker sandwich in white candy coating using a fork. Make sure the cracker is submerged in chocolate. Lift out and gently tap off the excess chocolate. Place mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth. Use a chocolate covered sunflower seed or a mini candy coated kiss for the nose.

For my last little treat, and by far the easier of the three, I made chocolate covered pretzels. Drop your pretzels into candy coating and tap off the excess chocolate. You can use either white or chocolate, but I chose to use white for the Holidays. Place on wax paper. To make make them a little more festive sprinkle on some colored sprinkles. A bowl full of these at a party are sure to be a hit!

Or throw everything on a platter and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment