Ads 468x60px

Labels

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cold Oven Pound Cake

My husband LOVES pound cake and I have tried several pound cake recipes, all of which were very unsuccessful. They were either dry or fell to pieces. When all hope was lost, my mother in-law came to the rescue with the recipe below. It's the best pound cake I have ever had!

Cold Oven Pound Cake

1 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
1 Tbs vanilla flavoring
1 Tbs almond flavoring
5 eggs
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour ( cake flour can be used too)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cups milk ( can substitute half and half)

Cream sugar, butter, shortening and flavors (I also always add a splash more of the flavorings. I like my pound cake to have a richer taste) very well. About 4 minutes on high should do it. Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time. Sift flour and baking powder together 3 times and then add alternately with milk. Pour into a well greased 10-inch bundt or tube pan. For this recipe I use Pillsbury's baking spray with flour. I am here to tell you that it makes all the difference! My cakes come out so pretty!
Bake in a COLD oven at 350 for one hour. Do not preheat! Do not over bake this cake or it will be dry. Allow cake to cool completely before turning out onto plate.

This pound cake is moist and delicious! It comes out perfect every time. I really don't know if there are many things better than pound cake warm out of the oven with a tall glass of milk. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment